cssrss.exe process – How to delete?
cssrss.exe process appears in Task Manager after malware penetration. Users often meet suspicious C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming folder on their computers despite the fact that its origin is unknown to them. In fact, your computer may face substantial slowness as these hazardous processes exhaust the system.
You can track the location of the cssrss.exe malicious software due to the Task Manager that shows the C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming folder. Right-click on the process and open the folder with the running process. Sadly, but to delete the process and all related to it components once and forever will be impossible without a special utility that cleans computers from the rubbish. Of course, you can always try manual removal, but in most cases it is powerless against such computer threats.
The cssrss.exe malicious process hides deep in the background where it can use other processes to stay in the system secretly and prevent own detection. You could definitely download such malware object failing to read the installation guidelines that are the EULAs (End User License Agreements). What can help you is a malware-removal utility able to detect and delete computer threats.
Protection of your privacy requires cssrss.exe malware removal scanner, anyone can use it to remove the threat. This utility works tracking all the unwanted items once appeared in the system. Automatic malware detection and removal is what you should do with the current threat right now. Step-by-step guide below will help you to deal with the threat.
cssrss.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove cssrss.exe virus from the browser
First of all, cssrss.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by cssrss.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and cssrss.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that cssrss.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove cssrss.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed cssrss.exe!
Video guide on how to remove cssrss.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with cssrss.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.