convertmypdf.co is a new browser hijacker currently striking many browsers. It changes the home page of your browser and additionally amends search engine settings of it. As a result, you keep encountering convertmypdf.co when you open either of your available browsers. So, what can be done to get rid of it?
In the first place, note that convertmypdf.co may inject all widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Microsoft Edge is not immune either and can become contaminated too. The infection may be installed together with some other free application. This fact surely means that all of us need to be very careful when we install cost-free programs these days. In case you find the information about some other programs suggested for default installation, your role is to immediately switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode where you may uncheck such extras from penetrating into the system as a part of default suggestion.
It is surely regretful that sometimes people really fail to be duly careful. They often click on Next or I agree buttons, without really understanding what exactly they agree with. As a result, their PCs get often infected with a lot of other totally useless and even malicious programs that they really do not need. Also, intrusion of convertmypdf.co hijacker into your system in particular means that your available anti-malware program failed to perform its direct function of protecting your computer from malware attacks.
convertmypdf.co hijacker additionally spies over your browsing activity. It regularly tracks your browsing habits and transfers this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. As a result, your personal information may become accessible to cyber frauds, who may easily manipulate it later on. Eventually, the PC may become infected with a lot of other malicious programs which will cause your system to function extremely sluggish.
Automatic removal tool for convertmypdf.co:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for convertmypdf.co:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with convertmypdf.co virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by convertmypdf.co:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: