Your computer has been locked. PRISM virus removal
The warning supposedly coming from PRISM that says “Your computer has been locked” is, in fact, a serious virus infection classified as ransomware. This is a special form of computer infection which hijacks your computer and asks for a ransom to be paid by the owner of the PC. The ransom is expected by hackers to be paid through GreenDot MoneyPak payment system.
We hope that in spite of the scary character of this locker you will be smart enough not to perform these fraudulent instructions of cyber crooks who have developed this scam. So, do not pay any funds into their favor. Here is what the full text of this scary alert asserts:
NSA Internet Surveilance Program
Computer Crime Prosecution Section
Your computer has been locked due to suspicion of illegal content downloading and distribution.
The illegal content (414 Mb of photo and video files) was automatically classified as child pornographic materials.
The downloading and distribution of illegal content, in whole or in part violate following U.S. Federal Laws:
18 U.S.C. § 2251 Sexual exploitation of children (Production of child pornography)
18 U.S.C. § 2252 Ceratin activities relating to material involving the sexual explotation of minors (Possession, distribution and receipt of child pornography)
18 U.S.C. § 2252A Ceratin activites relating to material constituing or containing child pornography
Any individual who violates, or attempts to violate, or conspires to violate mentioned laws shall be sentenced to a mandatory term of imprisonment from 6 month to 10 years and shall be fined up to $250,000.
All suspicious files from your computer were transmitted to a special server and shall be used as evidences. Don’t try to corrupt any data or unblock your computer in an unauthorized way.
Without a doubt, this is a fake accusation which is originated from cyber hackers. You have not done anything that would violate the law, right? So, if this is exactly so, why should you worry? Simply go ahead and follow our removal instructions that will help you neutralize this scam and get rid of this nasty malware that rests on your PC.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.