Combotab.com is a vicious search engine. This software can expose your system to great risk if you do not remove it immediately. This adware replaces the settings of your web browser. Combotab.com works as a home page and a quick access page.
Once this hijacker browser is on your PC, the work of your web browser will not be stable.
Combotab.com is redirected to an unknown website. You may notice that search results often contain advertisements. By clicking on these ads, you can even lead to harmful links and damaged content.Moreover, Combotab.com monitors your privacy information. It collects and records such details as your search queries, viewed pages, and even your personal data and credit card account information can be stolen. While Combotab.com is running on your computer, cyber crooks can steal confidential information when you surf the Internet.
Combotab.com also attracts other types of potential threats that can be added to your computer. Note that this malware makes your system more vulnerable to further attack. To restore previous browser settings and normal state of your system, you need to remove this malicious software. Remember that the longer Combotab.com stays on your computer, the more it can harm your system.
Combotab.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Combotab.com page from the browser
First of all, Combotab.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Combotab.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Combotab.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Combotab.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Combotab.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Combotab.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Combotab.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.