Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 Coin Miner is not a virus as it is not able to replicate itself. Sadly, this is a critical computer threat if to say about its activities in the system. In many cases it remains in the system undetected that helps to conduct malicious activities like haunting cryptocurrencies (BitCoin, Monero and others). We would like to introduce a remediation against this computer threat.
The Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 Miner will try to hide its activities till the last moment to continue mining digital money as long as possible. You may open a resource monitor and have a look at CPU usage value. If the consumption of CPU and graphics cards has increased and you notice general slowness of the computer, it is time to scan your computer.
The biggest difficulty about the Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 Trojan Miner is that it is impossible to predict the outcomes of its activity. But you can predict the Miner or stop it earlier that it attacks CPU and GPU power taking it for own needs. This factor negative effects general PC performance. It worsens efficiency and provokes crashes and freezing. One of the consequences of its activity is a blue screen. So, you see that you have to deal with a severe computer threat. It is better not to wait but react urgently.
This Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 Coin Miner we have told you about should not stay for too long in the system. We want to share a proven method against Trojan Miner with the help of our GridinSoft Anti-Malware utility. Use this additional tool to save your device and protect it against common mishaps in the future. You will be pleased with its performance, and your computer will work properly again.
Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 virus from the browser
First of all, Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64!
Video guide on how to remove Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Coinminer_TOOLXMR.SMH-WIN64 in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.