What is the Clever-find.com site? (Removal instruction)
Your browser redirects you to Yahoo search every time you try to use anything? Notice that your browser loading Clever-find.com (Clever-find.com/notracking/?key…) page? Then the instruction will help you to remove this annoying virus completely from your computer. Let’s get it started!
Clever-find.com classified as a browser hijacker virus and all whose who came here with one simple question “How to remove Clever find virus” should just follow the simple steps in the removal guide below. Such virus can easily infect all kinds of browsers include Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer and others. It’s really annoying when every time you search anything you get redirected to Yahoo search with fake search result on the first page.
Browser hijacker like Clever-find.com can be installed with other free program what you get from the Internet or if your system already infect with another virus. This very common technique what often uses adware or malware. Such virus spreading strategy called “bundle” method and widespread among other virus what has already infected millions of the computers all over the world like Onclickrev.com, History Cleaner or Free3dadultgames.com
After Clever-find.com becomes part of your system you will be redirected to it every time you go online. Never allow to download any program from any sites you will redirected to or your computer will be infected with more viruses and you can lose the whole system in no time. Many such sites can steal some of your private information, that’s why we highly recommend to remove Clever-find.com from your computer as fast as possible!
Clever-find.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Clever-find.com page from the browser
First of all, Clever-find.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Clever-find.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Clever-find.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Clever-find.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Clever-find.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Clever-find.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Clever-find.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.