How to clean up Temporary Files to enhance the performance of your PC
GridinSoft Trojan Killer anti-malware Lab has elaborated the detailed instructions on how to remove temporary files. They are suitable for all Windows version. To boost your computer’s speed is possible by means of tools integrated into Windows. The careful following of below-stipulated steps is a keystone to successful enhancement of your PC`s function. Note! Before performing the corrective actions, it is strongly recommended to back up your data.
Use Windows Disk Cleanup to remove Temporary Files
All actions performed on your computer are stored as temporary files. All steps done on your computer can be found at the following path: C:\Windows\Temp. The more files are stored in the Temp folder, the less space is on your computer. It inevitably leads to decrease of your computer’s speed. So it goes without saying that Temp folder should regularly cleaned. You are recommended launching the Windows Disk Cleanup Tool. The guide on how to use the Disk Cleanup tool is at your disposal.
Instructions for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open your Start menu, select All Program, click on Accessories and then on System Tools. Open Disk Cleanup. If a window with a list of hard drive disks is displayed, select a desired disk and press OK. The disk will be scanned, and files that can be removed will be detected.
- Open the Disk Cleanup tab to see the files. Check files that can be removed and click on theOK button.
- Click on Delete files to confirm.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Open My Computer, select the disk you want to cleanse and right-click on it, then select Properties.
- The files that can be removed from your computer are displayed at once the process of scanning is over. Check the files that you want to be removed and press OK button.
- To see programs that are no longer in use and can be uninstalled, open the More Options tab.
When you open the properties of disk C, click on the Disk Cleanup button.