This Chrome_Font.exe file is distributed via malicious websites, or legitimate websites that have been hacked. When someone visits one of this hacked site they will be presented with a page that states that “The HoeflerText font wasn’t found” and then automatically downloads an executable. The message on the Chrome_Font.exe pop-up is:
The “HoeflerText” font wasn’t found.
Step 1: In the bottom left corner of the screen you’ll see the download bar. Click on the Chrome_Font.exe item
Step 2: Press Yes (Run) in order to see the correct content on the web page
Chrome_Font.exe is related to updating those browser hijackers automatically. In fact, there are many other additional junk applications in your computer which are used to protect these nasty hijackers from being easily deleted by users. As a result, you will not be able to get rid of those many hijackers easily. Each time you change the home page back to google.com or some other decent start page you will not be able to do that. Opening your browser reveals browser hijacker again and again to be displayed in the home page of your browser.
Chrome_Font.exe and associated browser hijackers could be installed into the system together with some other free software you might have been dealing with lately. This fact definitely proves that you need to be very careful as to what else you’re going to make the part of your computer. In case you read the information about some other programs you really do not need, go ahead and switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent all such unwanted software from penetrating into your system. Also, the reason why Chrome_Font.exe malware came to your system is because your available anti-virus program (if any) failed to perform its direct function of defending your system from malware.
So, here comes the logical question – what can be done to fully eliminate this potentially unwanted software from your computer for good? Chrome_Font.exe malware can be removed effectively if you thoroughly scan your computer with the help of a proven anti-spyware tool as explained clearly in the rest of the tutorial below. Note that it will be also important for you to reset your browser using additional tips reviewed in continuation of the guide.
Automatic removal tool for Chrome_Font.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Chrome_Font.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Chrome_Font.exe virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Chrome_Font.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: