chrome-updates.win (or chrome-updates.win/s.html if to be more specific) is an unsafe domain which offers to download a new version of Google Chrome. You should not trust it. This pop up window is trick to force to download an unwanted program. Once installed, it will generate various offers, fake page, pop up advertisements. If you want to take your system safe, you need to follow the guide below.
Pop up windows and redirects are a widespread problem. You may face with it when you search some information or just browse favorite sites. However, you should be aware, it may pop up in your web browser by couple causes. First of all, chrome-updates.win pop up will appear if you click on malicious links. Such links may be on any web pages. Today you must be careful and pay more attention when you surf on the World Wide Web.
On the other hand, chrome-updates.win virus is related with adware software. Such program can’t damage system, but it is a nasty app may cause other troubles. Adware is designed to generate profit for its authors. So, the pest creates pop up windows, redirects to unsafe web pages.
STEP 1. Remove chrome-updates.win virus from the browser
First of all, chrome-updates.win is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by chrome-updates.win, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and chrome-updates.win has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that chrome-updates.win hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove chrome-updates.win traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed chrome-updates.win!
Video guide on how to remove chrome-updates.win from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with chrome-updates.win in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.