Cathomepage removal guide
Cathomepage is a malicious site what can randomly appear on your computer or you will be redirected to it while you using your browser But as always, it\”s just another browser hijacker. This site provides many coupons and sales while you are using it. Unfortunately Cathomepage can easily infect all kinds of browsers include Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer and others. Cathomepage will just redirect you to another search engine every time you try to find anything. This browser hijacker can also track your browsing activity and transfer it to the third parties.
Browser hijacker like Cathomepage can be installed with other free program what you get from the Internet or if your system already infect with another virus. This very common technique what often uses adware or malware. Always check Advanced option, so you can cancel installations of unwanted programs. You should be really careful with Cathomepage because it also can redirect you to different sites or even steal some your private information. If you want to secure your personal information and protect your computer, you should remove Cathomepage from your computer ASAP.
How to remove Cathomepage hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Cathomepage hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Cathomepage” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Cathomepage hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Cathomepage virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!