c.user-clicks.com is a browser hijacker that might suddenly appear on your browser. You must have picked up this browser hijacker when you installed free software that had c.user-clicks.com attached to it. The hijacker needs to be deselected during freeware installation, otherwise, it will install automatically. Browser hijackers are not malicious, they merely aim to make income from advertisements. You will be exposed to various kinds of ads and will be helping c.user-clicks.com make income. Which is why you should not allow it to remain on your computer. We suggest you remove c.user-clicks.com as soon as possible as it will not provide you anything of value.
Free software bundles are the reason you have this hijacker on your computer. You must have installed some sort of free software that had c.user-clicks.com attached to it. When installing free software, you need to deselect the added items. You can do so in Advanced (Custom) settings only. Uncheck the boxes of the added items and you can install the freeware. If you rush through the installation process in Default settings, you will end up installing everything that has been added to the software as you will not be able to deselect anything. Be more cautious when installing programs, and delete c.user-clicks.com.
If you have c.user-clicks.com browser hijacker on your computer, you are constantly redirected to one of these malicious websites. All of them are of the same kind but the contents are slightly different. The websites provide “funny” stories and expose you to advertisements. Your browser’s settings will be changed without your permission and you will be led to Funny Collection’s domain every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You will not be able to change the settings back, unless you first uninstall c.user-clicks.com. c.user-clicks.com will expose you to advertisements so that it could generate pay-per-click revenue. Basically, it uses you to make money. Browse hijackers and adware all act the same as that is their sole purpose of existence. Browser hijackers have no place on your computer, even if they are low-risk computer infections. You should delete c.user-clicks.com.
Step by step instructions how to remove c.user-clicks.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove c.user-clicks.com virus from the system
First of all, c.user-clicks.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove c.user-clicks.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying c.user-clicks.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove c.user-clicks.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove c.user-clicks.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. c.user-clicks.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with c.user-clicks.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.