Do you have ever seen Search.MySearch on your PC? Some users will take it normal as it could directly appear on the PC and it seems it is easy to be deleted. But it is not true. The harmful effects caused by Search.MySearch is not less than any virus. It is a browser hijacker and when it rises, it means your browsers are hijacked. Even for the browsers which claim to have super protection functions, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari, they cannot avoid this infection.
If you want to judgeSearch.MySearch to be a browser hijacker or just a normal website, you could check whether both of your default homepage and search engine are changed. If so, it must be a browser hijacker and you cannot alter them back manually. Search.MySearch will also screen the data happened on the browsers. Your registration information will be got in this way. And then, it will sell this information to make money. Or it may directly use it to steal money from your bank. After it gets this data, it has its say. And you have no ways to defend its spillage.
Search.MySearch causes terrible online surfing experience with nasty ads. It uses harmful files to replace your system files to cause security vulnerabilities. It establishes connection with remote server to download more severe threats. Of course we will advice you to eliminate Search.MySearch right now!
Search.MySearch hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Search.MySearch page from the browser
First of all, Search.MySearch is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.MySearch, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.MySearch has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.MySearch hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Search.MySearch traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.MySearch!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.MySearch in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.