Scoutee.net Virus is a highly vicious PC virus which comes under the category of web browser hijacker. It is developed by the team of remote hacker with the aim to makes illegal money by irritate online users. It mostly hijack well known web browsers like as Mozilla Firefox, internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and others.
Once Scoutee.net virus infiltrated in to your PC, it will starts to do malicious activities. First of it will take control over the System by the several alternations like as internet, browser, homepage, and DNS setting etc. so that users are unable to reset the setting as previous states. It will also replace the homepage and default search engine but also redirect to the other harmful webpage without any users concern. Scoutee.net Virus is usually attaches itself with the System toolbars, browser extension, plug-in, add-on, open torrent files and mostly visiting suspicious sites.
Scoutee.net Virus is a very harmful virus which often comes with the bundling of freeware and shareware programs which users mostly download and installed through dubious webpage. It also spreads via peer to peer sharing files through removal devices and attachments of spam mails. Thus users are highly advised never try to install any program without read their installation process.
Step by step instructions how to remove Scoutee.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Scoutee.net virus from the browser
First of all, Scoutee.net is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove Scoutee.net virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Scoutee.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Scoutee.net browser extension!
STEP 3. Scoutee.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Scoutee.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.