Hic.6125878.com is a malicious cyber infection. At first glance, what it appears to be is a legitimate search engine which promises to provide accurate and safe search results. Of course, it doesn’t deliver. The page is a sign that there is a browser hijacker lurking in your system. As soon as you spot it you have to take measures before things get worse. Have you heard of browser hijackers? Actually, it is pretty clear what these parasites do. They completely take over your browsing experience. They hijack it. Your likes and dislikes don’t matter anymore because you are not the one in charge.
When Hic.6125878.com enters your system it doesn’t waste any time. It attacks. First, it goes after your all of your browsers and leaves you without a single reliable one. Mozilla, Chrome, and Internet Explorer are now infected and thus dangerous. For starters, whichever one is your preferred to use, when you open it you won`t ding your previous homepage and search engine. Instead, you will see the Hic.6125878.com page. In fact, you will see it everywhere, all the time. When you open the browser, it is there. When you open a new tab, it is there. When you try loading another page, you get redirected back to it. No matter what you do, the site is now your constant online companion. This is incredibly annoying. You are forced to use it when you want to surf the web and this is not good. And, of course, any changes Hic.6125878.com makes are unauthorized and cannot be undone.
Aside from your new online shadow, you will be redirected to other shady pages too. But this is not all. This is a hijacker we are talking about. It will throw an avalanche of issues your way and the next thing are the ads. Countless of irritating commercials, banners, pop-ups, video ads, coupons and whatever else you can think of will be covering your screen on daily basis. It is impossible to close them. Even if they block the content of the page you cannot remove them. Be extra careful, though. Most of these advertisements can worsen your situation in seconds. How? Well, they hide more malware in them. That’s right. And not only hijackers but ransomware pieces and Trojans as well. If you click you get infected. A single click is needed for you to find your PC brimming with threats.
Step by step instructions how to remove Hic.6125878.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Hic.6125878.com virus from the system
First of all, Hic.6125878.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Hic.6125878.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Hic.6125878.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Hic.6125878.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Hic.6125878.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Hic.6125878.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Hic.6125878.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.