Blasearch.co is a nasty browser hijacker that could change the default homepage of the browser without user consent. This browser hijacker can bring unwanted changes on your PC. In addition, user’s search results will be changed according to the latest search history, which user have to deliver via Blasearch.com. Browser hijacker collects information to track web browsing habits, likes, and preferences of the victim.
As soon Blasearch.com gets into your computer, it will start to execute malicious functions inside the PC. After that, this dangerous browser hijacker will apply some malicious modifications to the system as well as their installed programs.
Having this Blasearch.co on the computer, you may risk personal data as well as valuable too.
With the help of this browser hijacker, cyber crooks not only track down the valuable personal data but also hacker transfers this data to private servers that are received by another third party criminal. Hence, you should remove Blasearch.co as early as possible from your system.
Blasearch.co hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Blasearch.co page from the browser
First of all, Blasearch.co is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Blasearch.co, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Blasearch.co has been removed from your browser:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Blasearch.co hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Blasearch.co traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Blasearch.co!
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Blasearch.co in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.