It is not a coincidence that you have located bk.exe process in your Task Manager. The chances are that your computer got recently contaminated with certain malicious software, or at least with some potentially unwanted utility (which doesn’t often make any difference). While bk.exe process is active a lot of unexpected things could occur, such as various sudden pop-ups through your default browser, redirection issues, etc. In general, your PC will have the peculiarity of essential slowdown because of this particular process to be enabled. However, this is just a brief analysis and the real consequences of bk.exe process for your PC could be really devastating in the short or long run.
You can track the location of the bk.exe malicious software due to the Task Manager that shows the Roaming folder. Right-click on the process and open the folder with the running process. Sadly, but to delete the process and all related to it components once and forever will be impossible without a special utility that cleans computers from the rubbish. Of course, you can always try manual removal, but in most cases it is powerless against such computer threats.
bk.exe harmful process penetrates the system due to several reasons. Firstly, potentially unwanted applications get inside the system because of the users. They often obtain free software that consist bundled PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). However, if you are attentive all the time and read EULAs (End User License Agreements) before setting up free software, you can avoid the problem of malicious penetration. But let’s be honest, we can’t stay alert constantly and sooner or later we are condemned to fail. Secondly, bk.exe penetrates the system because of poor protection. Your existing anti-virus software may be too weak to track modern threat and clean them on time. And what to say about those who avoid anti-viruses at all? They face the most probable risks! Finally, you have ended up having a device infected with bk.exe. Fortunately, there is an effective and win-win solution against all harmful computer rubbish.
If you keep your defense tools updated (under the condition that you have them on your computer), . the bk.exe process will not harm your system. Add a special program that has been created to track and delete computer threats. Meet GridinSoft Anti-Malware program that will solve the problem with such threats like you already have.
Automatic removal tool for bk.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for bk.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Roaming virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by bk.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: