Beware of updated version of Personal Shield Pro virus
Personal Shield Pro malware has, without any sort of hesitation, been one of the most severe and persistent malwares of the past summer. Being initially named as Personal Shield Pro Version 1.0, it did not last too long until another version 2.20 of it appeared in the Web. This one (having the totally different interface like that of Essential Cleaner and MS Removal Tool) made the real mess inside of so many computers worldwide, including the countries like the US, Great Britain, France, Germany, Poland, former Soviet Union and many other places of the world. It seems like this virus is now attacking eastern countries more than the western ones, but this does not mean that it slows down its malware aggression. Some users are in search for free activation code of Personal Shield Pro. They think that by finding and indicating it in the respective field they would be able to get rid of this virus completely and uninstall it. But this is the serious mistake on their part. The fact is that in order to delete Personal Shield Pro scam one needs to run the powerful anti-virus or scanner which would have the most updated database able to identify the threat, its infected files and registry entries. So, simply indicating the activation code of Personal Shield Pro is not enough because the contaminated virus files of this malware remain even afterwards. By the way, we have recently been able to discover that nowadays Personal Shield Pro fake anti-virus tool’s installation file comes bundled with some other essential viruses and real threats for your computer. So, in other words, this malware does not get inside of your system by itself. It invites its other “malware friends” to come and join the party of ruining one’s system.
Here is what Personal Shield Pro virus nowadays does additionally to the practices already described in the previous posts:
Changes made by Personal Shield Pro virus in the file system:
- Creating the file (hidden) at the following address C:\WINDOWS\system32\random.exe
- Modifying the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Creating the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\random_name\random_name.exe
- Creating the file C:\Documents and Settings\root\Local Settings\Temp\AV.EXE
- Creating the file C:\Documents and Settings\root\Local Settings\Temp\EN.EXE
- Creating the file C:\Documents and Settings\root\Local Settings\Temp\GB.EXE
Changes made by Personal Shield Pro virus in the registry:
If your computer has been infected with Personal Shield Pro virus please follow our removal instructions stipulated below. Remember that the video guide provided herein is a beneficial tutorial you can use to find out how exactly to get rid of this scareware. Don’t forget that Personal Shield Pro malware blocks your Internet browser as well as the programs from being executed (in order not to let you delete this virus). So, the essential step for you to accomplish is to bypass the blockage of Personal Shield Pro scam. This can be easily done by downloading the Process Killer application (pkiller.exe) and then renaming it to explorer.exe, with subsequent running of explorer.exe This should terminate the very process of this rogue, thus letting you get rid of it completely. In order to delete this virus threat we strongly recommend you to run GridinSoft Trojan Killer and have your system entirely cleaned and restored. If you have any difficulties please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Milestones for successful removal of Personal Shield Pro virus:
- Before downloading GridinSoft Trojan Killer as the anti-virus program recommended by us for removal of Personal Shield Pro malware open your browser and download Process Killer application, the free tool from GridinSoft LLC. Process Killer is used to terminate the processes of viruses which create obstacles for launching decent anti-viruses like GridinSoft Trojan Killer. In order to download Process Killer go to your browser and insert this text into the address field:
- Save pkiller.exe to your hard drive folder (whatever one you choose). Afterwards you need to rename “pkiller.exe” into “explorer.exe” and launch “explorer.exe”
- Upon successful termination of the process of Personal Shield Pro using Process Killer close it and download GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- Update the program, run the scan and remove all detected threats upon termination of the scan with GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
trojan-killer.net/download/pkiller.exe Press Enter.
Warning: if you could not launch “explorer.exe” you may try to rename “pkiller.exe” to “iexplore.exe” or “winlogon.exe”. Then run the renamed file.