When Thanatos Ransomware appears on your PC, you should be on the alert. It is a very dangerous item and it can affect what it wants in order to make money. We call it as a ransomware and after it is here, you have surrendered the command right to this stuff. When it is doing dangerous things, you have nowhere to claim for it. In this case, we strongly recommend you to get rid of it.
Users will be depressed when they find out that the system cannot run. And then, Thanatos Ransomware will be proactive to contact users to tell them that this system is encrypted. It contends that you cannot unlock it without exclusive decoding keys. Users will endeavor to prove it wrong, but the result turns out to be bad. So they have to be subjected to the threats and pay it money.
Ransomware that produces Thanatos Ransomware alarms will have negative impact on the system performance. It can encrypt particular files on your computer and force you to pay money for returning access to them. This malicious application will try to blackmail you with warnings that you must urgently pay or you are going to lose your privacy. Hackers can track all your financial information and then swipe all money from your card. You can eliminate the threat on the PC with the help of malware tracking programs.
Save your private data and file and remove Thanatos Ransomware ransomware without troubles with our recommended anti-malware tools. Then, you will need to reset infected browsers with the same application as you see in the guidance below.
Thanatos Ransomware removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Thanatos Ransomware virus from the browser
First of all, Thanatos Ransomware is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Thanatos Ransomware, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Thanatos Ransomware has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Thanatos Ransomware hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Thanatos Ransomware traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Thanatos Ransomware!
Video guide on how to remove Thanatos Ransomware from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Thanatos Ransomware in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.