Beware! iGotYou Ransomware. How to get rid of iGotYou?
iGotYou brings a lot of benefits to hackers if it gets to the computer. It doesn’t have a complex structure, however, it is very effective. As a result, users often come across with it online. The only way out is reinstallation of the current system, or you won’t eliminate this ransomware. Unfortunately, users will have to say goodbye to their computer stuff.
iGotYou is an item that you cannot ignore. It will encrypt all your files to .iGotYou extensions once it gets on the stage. And then, it will give the hint to contact them for tech help. It can incapacitate all the security applications which you rely on to recover your files, and that is also the reason why it could stay on your PC for long. Its developer will introduce himself as the only savior in this situation.
When iGotYou has blocked your OS, it typically suggests transferring some amount of money. As a rule, you are asked to buy bitcoins and pay with them. Such a way of purchasing is certainly dangerous for you. All your credit card information can be stolen as well as your money.
iGotYou Ransomware message:
If you are reading this, that means your files are now ENCRYPTED by me. #youCan’tSeeMe
If you dont know what’s encryption, then go to www.httр://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/encryption .
In order to get your data back free from encryption you need to decrypt your data back.
And, obviously you can NOT do that so easily. For that you required a authentic private key and that can only be provided via secrect passcode.
The authentic private key is safe and unbreachable . It will be authenticated by its hash value which can only be possible by that secrect passcode.
In order to get that secrect passcode, you need to help me out with some money. Now I Don’t care what do you think when i said “help me out”, you can aslo term it as ransom.
You need to pay me INR 10,000 via payTM in account No. XX2X9XX7XX by Dec 1, 2017.
I suggest you to use your phone for this.
WARNING: I am seeing EVERYTHING, so do not try for any smart moves. If there is any unwanted attempt, you can lose all your data FOREVER and after that don’t blame me :p
Enter Decryption code here
In case you want to stop iGotYou and save your computer items, we recommend you to delete it as soon as possible.
STEP 1. Recover files from iGotYou ransomware encryption
There are a lot of different ransomware viruses on the internet. Some of them are more dangerous than the others because they not only leaving malicious processes to protect themselves, but also removing backups of your system to make the recovery process impossible.
Please Note: Not all ransomware infections are able to remove backups of your system, so it is always worth to try a windows recovery method below. In order to protect your backups from this danger, try our Anti-Ransomware product:
We recommend use Safe Mode with command prompt to safely perform a recovery of your files. You will have to reboot your computer, so you better save this instruction some where on your hard drive or read if from second computer.
- Windows 7 users: You need to reboot your system and before its loaded constantly press “F8” button until you see boot options.
- Windows 8/10 users: Press the “Power” button from Windows login screen or Settings. Hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click on “Restart”
- After your computer reboots – Click on “Troubleshoot” – press “Advanced options” – “Startup Settings”
- Click the “Restart” button and your computer will reload again and show you the list with all options. You need to choose the “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- When your windows loads, enter the following line: cd restore and press Enter.
- After that type rstrui.exe line and press Enter.
- A recovery window will open before you, Click Next to proceed.
- In the next window, you need to choose a Restore point. All files in protected drives will be recovered at the time when this point was created (prior to the infection with iGotYou). In the case when ransomware removes these backups, there will be no Restore points listed. Select a Restore point and click “Next”.
- Click “Finish” in this window and confirm the recovery process by pressing “Yes“.
Simple example of how to recover your files from ransomware infection:
STEP 2. Removing iGotYou ransomware malicious files
Once the recovery process is complete, you should consider scanning your computer with a GridinSoft Anti-Malware in order to find any traces of iGotYou infection. Though some ransomware viruses are removing themselves right after the encryption of your files, some may leave malicious processes on your computer for special purposes of cyber criminals.
- Run GridinSoft Anti-Malware and choose the scan type, which is suitable for your needs. Of course, for the accuratest scan results we recommend you to choose the “Full Scan”.
- Give Anti-Malware a little time to check your system:
- Move to quarantine all the viruses and unwanted files, that you see in the results list:
- Enjoy the malware removal process:
Use of On-run protection may additionaly prevent different types of cyber attacks, our protect may flag the downloader of the ransomware as a malicious application preventing the download of iGotYou.
STEP 3. Prevent the iGotYou ransomware infection with GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware
Despite that some ransomware can remove backups of your OS, our product GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware is able to protect them from the removing in the first place. When some kind of a malicious program or ransomware virus tries to delete your backups, out program intercepts this request and blocks the sending process.
Note: that the product is still in Beta testing phase, some bugs and glitches are possible.
Besides the protection tool, you should read and learn few simple rules. Follow them every time you work on your computer and your will decrease chances of your infection to a minimum:
- Don’t open suspicious spam letters. No way! Be very careful with your downloads. Download and install software preferably from its official website.
- Do backups of your important files regularly. Storing your really important files in few different places is a good decision.
- Keep your system free from adware, hijackers and PUPs The infected computer will be more likely compromised with other malicious software, and ransomware is not an exception in this case.
- Don’t panic and be reasonable. Don’t pay the ransom fee right after you got infected, it is always best to search on the internet for some answers. It is possible that someone have developed a decryption tool that might help you.