Betternewtabsearch.com is adware program that only acts as if it is real search provider. After Betternewtabsearch.com has been added to your browser, it forces to replace your default search and new tab page.
This browser hijacker could also make your system more vulnerable to other threats. Browser redirect to unknown websites may lead you towards dangerous links and web pages.The aim of Betternewtabsearch.com is to gain online profit. This is the very reason why you keep on seeing countless of strange ads and encounter unwanted browser redirect.Cyber crooks exploit this program and use it as the platform to display loads of online ads.
When you are using this fake search engine, this can adversely affect your confidential information. Cyber crooks use these data to help enhance their advertising scheme. Unless you will get rid of Betternewtabsearch.com, you cannot bring back the normal performance of yours PC. Therefore, we strongly recommend removing Betternewtabsearch.com as soon as possible.
Betternewtabsearch.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Betternewtabsearch.com page from the browser
First of all, Betternewtabsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Betternewtabsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Betternewtabsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Betternewtabsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Betternewtabsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Betternewtabsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Betternewtabsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.