Powerofsearches.com is a search engine hijacker which resets your default search on Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or IE and leads you to unwanted search provider without seeking your consent. Our researchers have investigated Powerofsearches.com and found that it is mostly associated with freeware shared by third party websites. Nowadays, most of the free download apps are packed in an installer, which will connect its developer’s server to install the freeware you need. But one thing we should pay attention to is that the installer may install other unwanted programs or transfers some threats through the server silently when you install the freeware. Then your Internet settings or browser settings may be altered and you will be redirected to unwanted websites like Powerofsearches.com.
Moreover, Powerofsearches.com may collect your system data and information about you from the browsing history and cache stored on your browser, and it will share the collected info with an unknown third-party, which may install adware on your browser to display ads related to your browsing habits. You may be harassed by tons of ads every time you open a new website, and some ads may look attractive, but do not be lured to click on them, because such ads may redirect you to phishing websites. It is a rogue way of promoting sponsored products, which might be pushed into a scam.
Our researchers highly recommend that you should delete Powerofsearches.com as fast as possible because it not only cause constant redirect and annoying ads but also put your privacy at risk and trick you into a scam. Here are the efficient removal steps for removing Powerofsearches.com, follow them to get your healthy computer back now.
Automatic removal tool for Powerofsearches.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Powerofsearches.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Powerofsearches.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Powerofsearches.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: