May Ransomware virus is a dreadful Trojan which executes malicious codes on your system to lock all your files. It is used to help cyber criminal make money through hijacking users’ files as a hostage and ask for ransom money for decryption. This virus is spread via spam email and free download files. Once May Ransomware virus successfully infiltrates your PC, it frustrates you by encrypting all system files and programs, whenever you want to open any file such as MS Word document, image, video, and PDF, it informs you that your file has been encrypted and you should follow the instructions from May Ransomware virus to pay money to get your files back.
Moreover, other high-level threats such as spyware or rootkits will be downloaded onto your PC to give you more troubles. Even you pay the ransom money to the hacker behind the May Ransomware virus, you will have rare chance to get your files back because these scammers are never trustworthy people, they are cyber criminals making living by scamming people. Do not make any payments to these criminals!
The removal and recovery processes of the infected files are very complicated. For new ransomware viruses, you may not find any decryption tools, which is why you will have to use windows tools to recover and removal tools to get rid of May Ransomware malicious files and tasks. Follow the steps below to do that as soon as possible.
Step by step instructions how to remove May Ransomware virus.
STEP 1. Remove May Ransomware virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove May Ransomware virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying May Ransomware browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove May Ransomware virus from your browser
First of all, May Ransomware is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove May Ransomware from your system completaly:
STEP 3. May Ransomware prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with May Ransomware virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.