[BE ALERT!] Hidemysearch.com (HideMySearch) messages deceive users.
Hidemysearch.com notifications are going to persuade you that HideMySearch extension is a necessary utility to download. We tried to investigate the issue ourselves and made a conclusion that Google Chrome is the most common browser to display these notifications. The idea to switch for another browser won’t solve the problem. You are ready to hear the whole truth about this extension now, it is a malicious software which wants to penetrate your system and disrupt the processes on your machine with its dangerous activity.
When you set up HideMySearch extension according to the Hidemysearch.com suggestion, wait for unexpected changes with your current browser. The bad point is that adware or spyware can invade the system when you install software on doubtful sites. As usual, starting page changes routine parameters to some strange ones. Opening blank tabs will lead to the third-party pages where you will see a buttload of adverts. Eventually, your hackers will get access to your traffic and gather compromising information. HideMySearch is not worth being in your system, we advise getting rid of it.
Real hardcore begins when Hidemysearch.com steals your private details, gives hackers access to your system and allows them to harm you even more. Don’t waste your time waiting for magical solution, it is time to change the current state. Think about security level and switch for a better anti-malware application right now. Be careful with browser parameters in case they have changed without your intention. One of the ways you could set up hazardous software on entrusted website. Hence, several built-in tools represented by adware or spyware could penetrate your device. The system calls for professional help in eliminating the threat.
As a remedy to get rid of Hidemysearch.com pop-ups, HideMySearch extension and associated malware from your PC we strongly advise that you thoroughly scan your computer with the proven anti-malware tool as explained in the guide below. Note that you will need to scan your system with it, delete all detected items and, finally, reset the settings of all your infected browsers with its help.
Hidemysearch.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Hidemysearch.com virus from the browser
First of all, Hidemysearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Hidemysearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Hidemysearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Hidemysearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Hidemysearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Hidemysearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Hidemysearch.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Hidemysearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.