AZlyrics redirects are happening because you have an adware application on your computer. Adware brings about various kinds of disruptions, such as irritating pop-ups, in this case, leading to AZlyrics. Adware is not malicious thus cannot enter your computer without your permission. It is attached to free software and is hidden, which is why many users install it unknowingly. It will not harm your computer by itself. But it might be able to expose you to malicious content and lead you to malware. Malware is a much more serious issue compared to adware, therefore you should stay away from everything that has anything to do with AZlyrics. You should also take the time to uninstall AZlyrics as it will only bring trouble.
The reason AZlyrics is on your computer is because you installed it yourself. It was attached to free software in a way that allowed it to install alongside it. This is called the bundling method and is quite common. When installing free software, you need to deselect everything that has been added to it, such as AZlyrics. Use Advanced mode when installing software and you will be able to deselect all that has been added. If you choose Default settings, however, you will end up installing everything that has been added. Do not rush through the process, and pay close attention because if you do not, you’ll end up having to remove AZlyrics and similar.
Once AZlyrics installed, adware will get into your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and start generating pop-up advertisements. Adware does that so that it can make income from pay-per-click revenue. Essentially, it uses you to make money. You will start getting random pop-ups with the URL starting with AZlyrics, and they will appear no matter where you click. You will only be able to get rid of the pop-ups if you uninstall AZlyrics. That is what makes adware so highly irritating. The pop-ups might offer you to download/update some sort of software and if you did, you would most likely end up with malware on your computer. Do not trust random, adware generated pop-ups to provide you secure downloads. If you want new software, or to update to a new version, only use legitimate/official web pages. It might expose you to malware in different ways, as well. Which is why we suggest you delete AZlyrics.
Step by step instructions how to remove AZlyrics virus.
STEP 1. Remove AZlyrics virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove AZlyrics virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying AZlyrics browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove AZlyrics virus from your browser
First of all, AZlyrics is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove AZlyrics from your system completaly:
STEP 3. AZlyrics prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with AZlyrics virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.