AVG Antivirus 2011 (also bearing the name of AVG Anti-Virus) is nothing but the next malware concoction. It is far away from well-known reliable anti-virus. It is really amazing how tricky people can be in creating new types of malwares, even up to the extent of stealing the name of a good application.
AVG Antivirus 2011 has just recently been introduced, and now is persuasively targeting so many computers. This explains why you must not confuse this stealthware with the decent, proven and good application made by AVG company. Hence, from now on you should be very careful, cause the cyber criminals are now actively increasing illegal traffic to many fake scan websites that promote AVG Antivirus 2011 virus which is a clone of the evil Antivirus 8 scam and fake antivirus. Hence, you need to be careful with what sites you encounter, cause some of them may be engaged in spreading this junk. You simply may become infected with this virus if you click certain ads on the web (and you will not know that it is bundled with certain malicious trojan).
After successful penetration inside of computer AVG Antivirus 2011 you will face its scan that pops up as soon as the trojan brings in some malicious files and modifies certain things in your computer. Please be assured that the scanner shown by AVG Antivirus 2011 is entirely fake, thus you should not be concerned with removal of the threats it claims. Hence, AVG Antivirus 2011 invents some threats so that you would think you have some serious virus problems. Another result is the browser hijack causing lots of redirects to counterfeit Internet warnings like one ‘About Internet Explorer Emergency Mode’. All the above-mentioned may become the foundation for your further errors. If AVG Antivirus 2011 is able to convince you that its scan reports and the security warnings are really true, there are chances you would be frightened and finally purchase its full version. Hence, please know one essential fact – AVG Anti-Virus does not and cannot detect any real malware and actual viruses. You should therefore immediately delete AVG Antivirus 2011, after its very first detection. Please therefore take heed to the removal guidelines provided below.
AVG Antivirus 2011 fake anti-virus automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
AVG Antivirus 2011 fake anti-virus manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete AVG Antivirus 2011 fake anti-virus files
%CommonStartMenu%\AVG Antivirus 2011.lnk
%CommonStartMenu%\AVG\AVG Antivirus 2011.lnk
%Desktop%\AVG Antivirus 2011.lnk
%ProgramFiles%\AVG Antivirus 2011
%ProgramFiles%\AVG Antivirus 2011\AVG Antivirus 2011.exe
Delete AVG Antivirus 2011 fake anti-virus registry entries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVG Antivirus 2011
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “AVG Antivirus 2011″
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVG Antivirus 2011