Australian Federal Police (AFP ICSPA) virus removal
Beware of fake alert coming supposedly from Australian Federal Police (also abbreviated as AFP). It also uses the logo of ICSPA (International Cyber Security Protection Alliance). This is not a real warning. On the contrary, this is a ransomware program that was developed by hackers specifically for the goals of scaring users primarily in Australia. The virus hijacks the entire desktop of the infected PC and then asks for certain ransom to be paid in order to unlock it. The ransom price, by the way, makes up 100 Australian dollars, or possibly even more with some other malware modifications. However, this money should never be paid by you or other users whose systems became infected with this malware.
Paying money in favor of the frauds who developed this scam is a serious mistake. There is no a promise or guarantee from them that the system will be unlocked after you pay that ransom amount. On the contrary, there is something that needs to be done effectively, that is to unblock your computer. So, if you have become the victim of this malware, please follow the guidelines you see below. They should help you to unlock your desktop and get rid of this malicious application from your workstation.
The last but not the least – remember that this program (AFP’s fake warning) has nothing to do with the Australian police bodies. In order to prevent infections like this one in the future you must install the powerful security software that will be able to protect you effectively.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.