Attention! Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the reasons specified below
Many users, primarily of countries in the West, suffer from serious ransomware virus attacks that target a lot of computers in the network. The primary message of each ransomware locker says this: “Attention! Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the reasons specified below”. The locker then gives some reasons, which are all very poorly grounded. There’s a large list of faulty accusations, and all of them, beyond any doubt, must be utterly ignored by users whose systems became vulnerable.
There are many families of ransomware lockers crossing around the world these days. The two major families are called Reveton and Urausy. Depending on the day, either of them (or both) become active. The purpose of these lockers it to scare users to death with a lot of deceitful statements. In particular, the faulty accusation says that users were traced to perform a lot of illegal activities online, beginning from watching forbidden content and ending up with supporting terrorist organizations. Sometimes these faulty accusations are even ridiculous, yet certain users may be really frustrated with their contents.
Ransomware begs for money. Well, “begs” is not a really correct word in this case. In fact, the locker prompts users to paying the ransom amount, supposedly as the fine in favor of the local police body. Yet, the police has nothing to do with this scary message, that’s for sure.
If you’re the citizen of the United States of America (where ransomwares are especially popular), or of any other European or non-European country, there’s a chance for you PC to be attacked by this scam. Hackers primarily attack those countries where they expect to get the most of funds through deceiving users. So, instead of obeying the malicious instructions of the crooks, please rather follow the malware removal guidelines and system restore tips stipulated below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.