“Attention! Votre ordinateur a été bloqué pour violation de la loi française” fake warning alert
If your turn on your PC one day and see such notification: “Attention! Votre ordinateur a été bloqué pour violation de la loi française” in front of you, it is unpleasant to listen but probably you have run into one of the numerous ransomware programs circulating on the Web. A lot of bad things can happen with your PC while this tool is runnig. The permanent interference in your steady computer work is guaranteed. The Internet access will be broken. Tons of warning alarms will appear. These ransomware programs will demand you to pay money. Do not be deceived by the cyber crooks, creators of this malicious tool. Effect your hard-earned money for the benefit of these IT criminals under no circumstances.In order to neutralize its privacy-infringing activities we would recommend you to do the next steps:
- You should download the reg available at this link to your memory stick and copy it to your computer.
- Find your Windows install disk, you will need it a little bit later.
- Run your computer into “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”. While the PC is booting press the “F8 key” continuously, which should present the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” as presented in the image below. Apply the arrow keys in order to move to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and hit Enter key of your keyboard. Login as the same user you were previously logged in under the normal Windows mode.
- Click CTRL+Alt+Del, choose the option FILE in the appeared window and CREATE NEW TASK. Click the button BROWSE and open the reg file you downloaded before from your memory stick See screenshot below.
- Restart your system into “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” again(see the paragraph3).
- Once Windows boots successfully, click CTRL+Alt+Del, choose the option FILE in the appeared window and CREATE NEW TASK and enter cmd https://trojan-killer.net/, download GridinSoft Trojan Killer and install it.
- Scan your computer for virus presence. Remove first two files as shown on the picture below and uncheck others.
The ransomware could delete or replace some of your vital files and now it is necessary to restore them. You need Windows install disk for this purpose. Run the disk, click CTRL+ALT+DEL, choose the option FILE, NEW TASK and enter the “cmd” and in the appeared window type command: expand E:\i386\explorer.ex_ c:\windows\explorer.exe. “E” here means the name of the CD drive.
For instance expand F:\i386\explorer.ex_ c:\windows\ system32\dllcache\explorer.exe