Association of Chief Police Officers is one more ransomware that can infect your system at present time. This malicious program was created by hackers who want you to pay your money for nothing. When Association of Chief Police Officers vius penetrates inside your system it automatically blocks it. You will not have th possibility to do anything.
The virus leaves you with one message on a screen saying:
Association of Chief Police Officers
For security reasons, your Windows system has been blocked!
The reason can be visiting the infected or pornographic sites. The computer has approached to critical condition because of which the system can break and all data can be lost. For having possibility to restore system, you should install the additional security updates.
This paid update is intended for very infected systems. This update completely protects your system from viruses and malware, stabilizes your computer system and avoids data loss.
From this message you understand that your system will not be unblocked until you pay certain sum of money. But think twice before doing this! None of good programs is capable to do such action like asking you to pay money. That is the first sign of a virus.
Manual removal guide:
1. Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
2. Choose safe mode with networking.
3. Launch MSConfig.
Press Start –> Run
or press [Win]+R on keyboard
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
5. Restart your system once again.
6. Scan with https://trojan-killer.net/download.php?trojankiller to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disables all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
1. Reboot normally.
2. Start –> Run.
3. Enter: https://trojan-killer.net/download.php?trojankiller If malware is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
4. Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) couple of times. The process of Association of Chief Police Officers virus should be killed.