Apusx.com is a browser hijacker that may have entered your computer together with free software. You need to learn how to install free software correctly so that attached items are not installed as well. Hijackers are generally not malicious and aim to expose you to sponsored content. This is how hijackers generate income, by redirecting you. So it is basically using you to make money while providing no beneficial features. Once this hijacker enters your computer, it will make changes to your browser and the redirects will start. Some hijackers are even capable to redirecting users to malicious web pages where malware could be lurking. If you do not want to end up with a serious malware infection, we suggest you remove Apusx.com .
Browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread because no one would install it otherwise. This means that hijackers are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. In order to avoid these unwanted installations, use Advanced or Customs settings during freeware installation. You will see what has been added and if there is something, you will be able to deselect it/them. Just uncheck the boxes of those added items and you can proceed to install the freeware. If you have already allowed the hijacker to install, make sure that you delete Apusx.com .
Apusx.com will become your homepage on all browsers and these changes will be carried without your permission. All popular browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. You will also no be able to undo the setting changes until you remove Apusx.com from your computer. The website provides you with a search bar, which we do not suggest you use. If you did, you would be redirected to Apusx.com a questionable search engine that will insert sponsored content into the results. If you press on one such result, you would be taken to a weird page that has nothing to do with what you were searching for. By redirecting you to those pages, the hijacker makes money. You may even be led to dangerous sites where malware could be lurking. Pop-ups will also start appearing when Apusx.com loads. If you have active anti-malware software on your computer, it should be able to block them. Nevertheless, if you wish to protect your computer, we suggest you delete Apusx.com immediately.
Automatic removal tool for Apusx.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Apusx.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Apusx.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Apusx.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: