If you are reading this newsletter now this could mean that some way or another your computer got infected with Antivirus Monitor. Bear in mind that it is the direct successor of AntiMalware GO, nowadays attacking so many PCs all over the world. It should be noted that is has just been lauched into the cyber space. This is why we believe it is our job to give you some information about this scam called Antivirus Monitor and the instructions on how to uninstall such kind of virus from your system.
Needless to mention, Antivirus Monitor is very tricky and dangerous for your system, espesially if it remains there for a long time. The only target of Antivirus Monitor is to obtain as much earnings from unwary users as it can. Antivirus Mointor scam gets inside of the attacked PC by means of the Internet due to user surfing some poisoned sites and downloading some specific kind of of trojan that distributes this scam. Remember that the very process of infiltration of Antivirus Monitor inside of the compromised machine is hardly ever seen, but soon it gets quite clear that the user is going to encounter quite a mess on the attacked PC system. Antivirus Monitor starts bombarding you with plenty of popup alerts that state about availability of some fictitious pests and malwares on your system. It will be regularly telling you of plenty of bugs and errors connected with vulnerability of your PC security. Another well-used trick of Antivirus Monitor is running scanners claiming detection of same so-called problems that are far away from the real status of your system. Once again, such scanners report the supposed identification of various kinds of threatening application like adware, spyware, trojans and worms and so on. It required to be mentioned that all such warnings are interconnected with the browser, this means that you would experience lots of redirect problems when you will be transferred to the pages that are used for payment processing on behalf of Antivirus Monitor, and such redirect issues will occur each time you click one of the fake detection reports. Moreover, Antivirus Monitor has the capability of hijacking the Internet browser on the attacked system, so that the user is not able at all to go to the sites of his/her preference, except for those promoting the rogue. This is done in order to prevent the user from finding the solution over the Internet on how to remove Antivirus Monitor. Hence, each and every feature of this fake has the only goal, that is to obtain some bucks by pushing people to purchase the full copy of this virus application claiming to be some decent anti-virus tool.
This is why we emphasize your attention once again to the fact that Antivirus Monitor is a fake and evil tool, so you should not believe anything it tells you. Do not open you personal and bank information to it if you want to save your hard earned money. Needless to say, you should get rid of Antivirus Monitor scam from your system immediately, without posponing this assignment for a later date. Please find the removal guidelines provided herein for removal of Antivirus Monitor. Good luck to you, and make sure to write back to us if you have any other questions regarding this or other issue.
Antivirus Monitor automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Alternative solution on how to remove Antivirus Monitor infection can be found at this video:
Antivirus Monitor manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete Antivirus Monitor files
Delete Antivirus Monitor Registry entries
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0″
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyOverride” = “”
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:33921″
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″