Annoying Coupons ads in browser [REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS]
Coupons adverts take place in all popular browsers, so that it is not strange that you could come across with them too. However, the reason of seeing such pop-ups lies deeply in the background where adware or PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) occurs. The target of creating common malicious software is persuading you to add necessary application because you have outdated drivers, dangerous virus, system errors, etc. However, the fact of such troubles will not be approved until you scan your computer.
Let’s figure out how Coupons ads can appear on your system. Actually, it very easy thing for hackers. The most popular way of spreading is a method called bundling. All you need to do to get an infection is just to download free software from the unreliable site and nasty virus will sneak into your device. Also, it can come to you as an attachment of spam email, that see,s completely as real one. Scammers are very skillful nowadays.
Typically, malicious software like Coupons penetrates the system and starts generating a slew of pop-ups after the installation of cost-free software. If the process of installation goes without reading, the risk of invasion is really high. Such infected programs with built-in hazardous tools usually take place on freeware resources where Internet users download them. To block the unwanted files select Customer Installation. We offer keeping a special scanner that can detect and delete hazardous items before they start harming your computer. However, it is necessary to use effective and reliable anti-virus software that will not permit the installation of the computer threat. Potentially unwanted objects become undetected to the anti-virus tools with old databases, so that you can protect your privacy with anti-malware scanner.
To delete the source of Coupons pop-ups will be a problem if you are going to do it manually. We offer you to conduct the process with our removal app GridinSoft Anti-Malware that eliminates this current threat and many others that can appear in the future. The short guide you see below will help you to do everything fast and efficiently.
Coupons removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Coupons virus from the browser
First of all, Coupons is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Coupons, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Coupons has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Coupons hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Coupons traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Coupons!
Video guide on how to remove Coupons from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Coupons in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.