AmigoDistrib.exe Unwanted Application (Removal Guide)
AmigoDistrib.exe applications are classified to be potentially unwanted to keep in the system. Hackers use these potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) for advertising because it generates enormous profits from Internet vendors. We should warn you that while you are reading this piece of information, cyber criminals earn money due to your infected device. It is mandatory to delete them before they start harming the computer.
If you face the AmigoDistrib.exe PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) for the first time, you need to know that may have different purposes about your computer. Most likely, it appeared to display advertising banners in your browser and redirect you to the random sites just when you open your browser. The only thing is obvious here, it is mandatory to delete this PUP.
You may know AmigoDistrib.exe as PUA (potentially unwanted application) that will have no positive effect on your computer. Such malware finds the way to the system in the form of built-in tools attached to the free software. Eliminate common computer threats keeping your applications updated. Use proven defense software that will increase the level of security and forbid unwanted installation. If you are not sure about the efficiency of your current anti-virus, add an anti-malware scanner to delete all rubbish.
AmigoDistrib.exe PUPs are not dangerous if you deal with them just when they appear and do not ignore their presence. Anti-malware tracker like GridinSoft Anti-Malware can detect all unwanted applications of this type and delete them easily.
AmigoDistrib.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove AmigoDistrib.exe virus from the browser
First of all, AmigoDistrib.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by AmigoDistrib.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and AmigoDistrib.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that AmigoDistrib.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove AmigoDistrib.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed AmigoDistrib.exe!
Video guide on how to remove AmigoDistrib.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with AmigoDistrib.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.