it is a new browser hijacker that promise you to do better online experience, but all it does is generate web traffic and earn money for its creators. The hijacker bundles with free software and affects all well-known web browsers. It modifies their settings and causes other changes like adding adverts into your visited sites, causing redirects, and more. As there is nothing useful, we suggest that you remove Alientab.net without wasting your time.
Similar to the most dubious extension, Alien Tab focuses on attacking internet browser application. It affects mostly home page and default search tool. Therefore, it is far behind and less dangerous than computer viruses. It never infects system files neither damage vital data from the infected computer.
Even more, AlienTab.net can anticipate search results and integrate paid links on its contents. Added links are very similar to usual results links. Accidental clicks to these paid links will launch pay-per-click advertising scheme. Other ways that the hijacker works is more simple: it inserts adverts into all sites that you open and redirects you to its sponsors. You will not be able to surf the Web without having to deal with all that coupons, banners, pop-ups, and other types of ads.This hijacker will also track your browser activity to make sure that the ads you see appear to be useful to you. That is why it is so important for you to keep in mind that the advertisements are not monitored by anyone and they could be fake. If you do not wish to put your PC at risk, you need remove Alientab.net from your browsers as soon as possible.
AlienTab.net hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove AlienTab.net page from the browser
First of all, AlienTab.net is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by AlienTab.net, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and AlienTab.net has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that AlienTab.net hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove AlienTab.net traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed AlienTab.net!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with AlienTab.net in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.