AdsKeeper is a browser hijacker that you must have picked up when you were installing free software. When you install freeware, you need to pay more attention to the process because you could end up missing all kinds of unwanted programs. They are attached in a way that allows them to install alongside the freeware without you even noticing.
It’s not difficult to avoid these unwanted installations, however, and it will be explained more in detail further on in the article. You probably have noticed already but browser hijackers change browser’s settings and set weird sites as your homepages and new tabs. This makes it obvious when an infection has occurred. Despite what you may have read, browser hijackers are not dangerous. They are low-level infections that don’t really harm computers directly. However, they are far from harmless. The hijacker on your computer might perform redirects to sponsored sites and if you were led to a malicious one, you could end up with malware. Delete AdsKeeper.
It comes as no surprise that this hijacker was bundled together with freeware. That is the way most unwanted programs spread. They are attached to freeware as additional items and you can choose to install them if you want. However, they are added in a way that allows them to install alongside if you do not deselect them during the setup process. A lot of users do not even notice the offers because they use Default settings. They are only visible in Advanced or Custom so make sure to always choose those. If there is anything attached, it appear there and you will be able to deselect everything. We doubt you enjoy having to uninstall AdsKeeper or simialr over and over again, so make sure you prevent installation from the beginning.
Step by step instructions how to remove AdsKeeper virus.
STEP 1. Remove AdsKeeper virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove AdsKeeper virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying AdsKeeper browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove AdsKeeper virus from your browser
First of all, AdsKeeper is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove AdsKeeper from your system completaly:
STEP 3. AdsKeeper prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with AdsKeeper virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.