abtavos.ru pop-up windows in your browser will tell you about the necessity to download and install some suspicious extensions into your Google Chrome browser. However, it is strongly advised that you don’t proceed with such offers, otherwise, your system may become messed up and your browser will be hijacked by pseudo search engines that aren’t really able to furnish you with any decent search results. So, you’re strongly advised go immediately perform a thorough system clean up of your computer using a reliable malware removal tool as set forth below.
Troubles with abtavos.ru pop-ups do not occur just as a coincidence, so-to-speak. You could surely click on a certain malicious link which could produce this particular pop-up window, however, most likely your system is infected with adware. It is tempting to note that this trouble generally occurs with all widely used browsers, but specifically with Google Chrome and other browsers elaborated based on the Chromium open source project.
The ongoing appearance of abtavos.ru pop-ups has the specific purpose of performing all sorts of malicious things with your system. In particular, their intention is to persuade you to install unwanted extensions into browsers, thus injecting browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted programs. At the same time, it is strongly recommended that you never interact with these faulty notifications. Your system will be messed up even more if you proceed with their misleading instructions. Hence, stay away from interacting with abtavos.ru alerts you now encounter in your screen.
Summarizing the above-mentioned facts concerning abtavos.ru pop-ups, your computer is indeed contaminated with adware as explained above. In order to remove these faulty and misleading alerts, your role is to immediately scan your computer with a reliable removal tool as explained in the remainder of this tutorial. The guide will also help you to reset your browser and to fix it fully back to the status in which it was before malware intrusion.
abtavos.ru hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove abtavos.ru virus from the browser
First of all, abtavos.ru is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by abtavos.ru, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and abtavos.ru has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that abtavos.ru hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove abtavos.ru traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed abtavos.ru!
Video guide on how to remove abtavos.ru from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with abtavos.ru in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.