30Tab.com fake search removal
The 30Tab.com is a webpage that looks like normal and legit search engine. If it is on your computer, then it means that your browser is infected with a hijacker. This hijacker page installs along with free software anyone can download from the Internet on various shady and suspicious websites. Fortunately for you, 30Tab.com is not malicious by itself and it will not harm your computer directly. Nevertheless, it will change some of your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites that will appear instead of search results. In addition, it might redirect you on malicious links that are promoting malware masked as something else. This browser hijacker exists for purposes of making a profit from advertisements and collecting information on search queries.
30Tab.com may easily infect practically all popular browser. This definitely includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When you start either of them, you will notice that the home page got changed into 30Tab.com. Furthermore, when you start looking for some information through the hijacked search form your queries will be redirected through 30Tab, which can’t be considered as a genuine search provider.
Most users are not paying attention to what they download and install which lead to the installation of unwanted programs and browser hijackers. In the case of 30Tab.com hijacker, it most likely was attached to free software and was hidden. Choosing Default installation settings can result in this, by default it has several checkboxes active. When installing software, choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Only there will you be able to reselect items for installation and possible remove suspicious items. Just uncheck the boxes of the bundled items and that will be enough. You can proceed to install the freeware. And if you installed this hijacker, we suggest you uninstall 30Tab.com.
It appears that 30Tab.com is not a simple hijacker. You cannot get rid of it simply through uninstalling it from the list of legally installed programs. The hijacker is additionally furnished with some other supporting programs which prevent you from deleting it in an easy way. We recommend you to get rid of this infection by carefully following the removal solution below.
30Tab.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove 30Tab.com virus from the browser
First of all, 30Tab.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by 30Tab.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and 30Tab.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that 30Tab.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove 30Tab.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed 30Tab.com!
Video guide on how to remove 30Tab.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with 30Tab.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.