23sou.com is a dangerous software that gets into a web browser. It alters homepage and new tab page once it hit your PC.Sudden changes in the settings of your browser simply mean that your computer is under attack of adware. In addition to destroying your online program, this malicious program continues to expose your system to other problems.
Most users believe that 23sou.com is a virus. The main culprit was that his arrival was often unknown to them. Thanks to the fraudulent approach, called bundling, it allows several users to purchase this malicious program.Note that the browser hijacker uses cyber-crooks as an exit to watch your browsing habit. Some of them are sites that you visited frequently, your choice of products and your search requests. In principle, the data collected will help promoters improve their marketing campaign.
When you surf the net, it allows your system to expose it to other threats. 23sou.com can lead you to harmful links, questionable ads, and vicious web pages.
To protect your computer from further attacks and restore the old browser settings. You need to remove 23sou.com from your PC.23sou.com should be removed from your system. This is done so that the machine is not subjected to further attacks and returns the browser from the previous settings.
23sou.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove 23sou.com page from the browser
First of all, 23sou.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by 23sou.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and 23sou.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that 23sou.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove 23sou.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed 23sou.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with 23sou.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.