0800-014-8604 (continuescanx.xyz site) pop-ups you see in your browser are the fruit of adware installed in your computer. If might be that you installed some free software recently which was integrated with one of millions adware specimens. As a result, you now see many unexpected alerts and pop-ups coming from different unsafe resources. From continuescanx.xyz alert is the example of such pop-ups.
0800-014-8604 notifications are quite tricky and truly very misleading. They may seem legitimate for some people, but the truth is that they’re the part of malicious plan on the part of adware. Their only goal is to make you pay money in favor of cyber frauds who distribute them.
Such alerts tell you that your system is infected with some horrible virus and that you need to take some action immediately. Typically such pop-ups tell you to call some toll-free helplines 0800-014-8604 where these fraudsters will tell you to pay money in their favor for fixing your PC remotely. The message conveyed by 0800-014-8604 pop-ups is as follows:
** YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED ** Please call us immediately at: 0800-014-8604 Do not ignore this critical alert. If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network. Please call us immediately at: 0800-014-8604 Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a Suspicious Activity. The following information is being stolen... Please call us immediately at: 0800-014-8604 > Facebook Login > Credit Card Details > Email Account Login > Photos stored on this computerYou must contact us immediately so that our engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent your computer from being disabled. Please call us immediately at: 0800-014-8604
The problem is that there is no fix at all from these crooks who distribute 0800-014-8604 pop-ups. They simply hunt for your money, without rendering any decent system cleanup services. On the other hand, your computer is indeed infected with adware. What you should do is to follow this removal guide below.
Automatic removal tool for 0800-014-8604:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for 0800-014-8604:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with continuescanx.xyz virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by 0800-014-8604:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: