This removal tutorial will assist you in the removal of 0-800-088-5368 pop-ups that are considered as annoying and dangerous infection. Their main purpose is to scare users, make them think that their computers are infected and allow the, to pay money for the protection or the removal of this infection to cyber criminals. No matter how this happened, it is a mistake to interact with the cyber criminals standing behind these pop-ups. You must to delete and deal with this threat as soon as possible.
The 0-800-088-5368 pop-ups will contain a message for a victim that will claim that computer is infected with various adware, spyware programs. This message will advise you to make a free call to the Microsoft Support team. In reality, these people who claim to be related to Microsoft are simply a bunch of cyber frauds and criminals who hunt for your money.
Of course, you must not trust such deceitful statements given by 0-800-088-5368 pop-ups. Do not call any of these toll-free helplines as they suggest. What you should do right now is to thoroughly scan the system with a proven virus removal software, delete all detected items and reset your browsers with its help as explained in the remainder of the guide below.
0-800-088-5368 hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove 0-800-088-5368 virus from the browser
First of all, 0-800-088-5368 is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by 0-800-088-5368, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and 0-800-088-5368 has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that 0-800-088-5368 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove 0-800-088-5368 traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed 0-800-088-5368!
Video guide on how to remove 0-800-088-5368 from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with 0-800-088-5368 in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.