Windows Disk is yet another bogus system defragmenter and optimizer. It claims to be certain anti-malware system scanner, but the reality shows that it is good for nothing. Moreover, Windows Disk would create serious problems for your computer. In other words, it is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Bear in mind that Windows Disk rogue claims of itself as a part of Windows OS and it tries to convince users that it is some useful device. However, Windows Disk is not connected in any way with Microsoft company and, beyond any doubt, it is not a decent or reliable tool.
Please be advised that Windows Disk comes to PCs without user’s knowledge or authorization for such actions. Then, after its successful infiltration, it will launch fake scanning of your machine. During this scan the report would come up about variety of errors that it claims it cannot fix until you purchase the rogue. Don’t buy it and don’t be fooled with the promises made by Windows Disk, cause it is a typical scam tool. Windows Disk will also take control of your system in many ways and with various malicious techniques. Windows Disk will prevent many programs from running, hijack your browser and will expose your PC to further threats. Hence, be on guard and make sure to remove Windows Disk fraudulent application and its consequences from your PC.
Please take heed to the removal information provided herein. It includes both manual and automatic advises. Do not loiter with removal of Windows Disk, otherwise the consequences of its occurrence on your computer may turn out to be really unpredictable.
Windows Disk automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Windows Disk manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Disk files:
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Windows Disk
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Windows Disk\ Windows Disk.lnk
%StartMenu%\Programs\ Windows Disk\Uninstall Windows Disk.lnk
Delete Windows Disk registry entries: