We take this opportunity to warn you of the next virus that is being actively attacking so many PCs nowadays. It is called Windows Care Tool. However, it cannot grant you any decent and good care and protection of your computer. It should be mentioned that it comes from the same clan of bogus anti-viruses which we described to you in several of our previous articles. And its interface is very close to most of such previously described malwares of this group, such as Windows Software Protection, Windows Risks Eliminator, Windows Software Guard and many others.
Once again, typical to most of other malwares, Windows Care Tool comes inside of your computer through gaps in the system security and via other available system vulnerabilities. The main peculiarity of this virus is that it pushes users to continue the installation process of this scam, without giving any other alternatives. If you do not install it and do not click the button it wants you to click, then the rogue would come up again once you reboot your system. Hence, the very procedure of using your workstation gets really irritating due to availability of Windows Care Tool inside of your PC.
Windows Care Tool then, upon the installation, runs fake system scan. At the same time, this is simply the untrue representation and masking of its real objectives. Windows Care Tool is a fake tool, which means it is like a wolf in the sheep clothing, presenting itself with as some good application, however, the truth of the fact is that it is very dangerous and destructive for your PC. After such scan you would face some report stating availability of serious threats and issues with your computer. The main aim of Windows Care Tool is to convince you that these indentified problems are real, so that you would be frightened to such an extent that you would finally decide to purchase this junk as the only solution for deletion of all allegedly detected infected items. Do not ever be ticked like this! These are all just fake promises made by Windows Care Tool.
The only right decision would be to delete this program at once, without postponing this task. Please therefore follow our removal advises given below for elimination of Windows Care Tool virus from your PC. These guidelines include both automatic and manual recommendations.
Windows Care Tool automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Attention!!! The video given below shows the removal process of Windows Health Center virus described in one of our previous posts. Please be advised that removal of Windows Care Tool is similar to the removal procedure shown in this video.
Windows Care Tool manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Care Tool files:
Delete Windows Care Tool registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\[random].exe”