Play-bar.net is a malicious site what can randomly appear on your computer or you will be redirected to it while you using your browser But if you have a closer look you will see that Play-bar.net is not so good and clean. This browser hijacker that often installs stealthily and bring many changes to your browser. The worst part is that Play-bar.net can easily infect many well known browsers such as Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Safari and Internet Explorer, so every time you go online you will effect of this tricky virus. This hijacker will change some setting so you will see Play-bar.net (or any else malicious site) as your new home page, your search engine will be changed and the most awful thing is that Play-bar.net will also install small programs with it what can also install some new virus stealthily.
Play-bar.net can be installed if you have some virus on your computer or while you install some freeware. Check every additional option while installation process, so you will see what you get after installation is complete. This simple stem will protect you from virus attack in the future. This site can appear as your new homepage after you installed free software from the internet. Almost all free software has additional apps what often instals stealthily what you can if you carefully check all “Advanced” options while installation process. This simple step can save your computer in the future – always check every window! So after Play-bar.net becomes part of your system you will receive many pop-ups, banners or coupons every time you go online. It’s really annoying. In addition, this hijacker can track your browsing activity and create pop-ups or banners more specific for you, so you click on it with higher chance. The big mound of virus can steal personal information, logins or passwords or even destroy the whole system. We highly recommend to remove this malicious site from your computer immediately.
How to remove Play-bar.net hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Play-bar.net hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Play-bar.net” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Play-bar.net hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Play-bar.net virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!