This guide is the explanation of ransomware removal procedure. This particular ransomware locker presents itself as some fake governmental alert (warning) that says: “Your computer has been locked”. As a solution to unlock it the virus recomends users to pay ransom via Vanilla Reload payment method (along with other methods like GreenDot MoneyPak and ReloadIT). However, this alert has nothing to do with Vanilla Reload. Instead, what you see is a virus that should be immediately removed from your computer. Please follow the instructions set forth below.
The message titled as “Your computer has been locked” is another sample or ransomware program that is designed by hackers specifically to target computers located in various countries. It is obvious that today the malware business experiences some kind of shift from rogues to ransomware applications. Regretfully, some people have already become the victims of malware developers and of this virus in particular. When this threat attacks computers it hijacks the desktop immediately and completely locks the infected workstation. Users would not be able to enjoy the benefits of their computers as their normally do. Restarting / rebooting the PC would not help either, no matter how many times the restart attempt is undertaken. The same scary warning would appear one after another.
What is the aim or malware developers who launched this virus attack? Well, money is the only thing they think about. They invented this ransomware program in order to accuse users of committing many crimes, particularly having to do with watching, spreading and promoting illegal content over the Internet. The innocent people are also being accused of spreading spam and even promoting terrorist activities. It is amazing how instrumental the cyber crooks are while trying to achieve their goals. Then the ransomware program instructs users to effect the payment for ransom in order to unlock the infected computer. Otherwise, the ransomware says, these innocent users would be reported to the police. No doubt, to receive such strange and unexpected notification allegedly from the police might be scary. However, you haven’t committed those crimes you are accused of by the virus, so there is nothing to worry about. The worst thing is when people actually effect the payment in favor of these cyber frauds. Do not ever buy those Vanilla Reload vouchers in order to tell their details to malware makers. Ignore this scary message you’ve encountered and follow the removal guide to delete this virus from your infected computer.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.