Is your PC locked by a warning allegedly coming from the United Kingdom Police? Well, your system is locked by hackers and not by PCEU. What you see depicted on your screen is a ransomware program that penetrated into your computer without your approval. Of course, there’s nothing surprising in this. Viruses never ask for user’s permission to enter the workstations. This particular malware is the successor of Metropolitan Police ransomware, also known as Police Central E-crime Unit (PCEU) virus. It belongs to the Urausy malware clan, which is being spread in various countries of the world today.
United Kingdom Police, of course, is a decent and well-known law enforcement agency. If you’ve ever been to London (UK) you surely know how police officers are respected by all those residents and non-residents who live a law-abiding life. This ransomware you see depicted at the screenshot has nothing to do with the United Kingdom Police, by the way. It is the product of cyber frauds who want to scare users into believing their computer is blocked by the police. Whereas in fact the reason why it is locked is because of malicious activity of cyber frauds from Russia who in particular invented this locker.
Don’t pay any funds in favor of the crooks through indication of Ukash or Paysafecard voucher (PIN) codes. This is surely a serious mistake, and we hope that you will never commit it! Keep in mind that there are ways how you can unlock your system from this scam. You simply need to choose the correct security application that will perform the removal job effectively. But, of course, first you need to implement some manual steps as described below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.