Under-Cover.info is a nasty piece of app that will impact on your Chrome, FireFox or Internet Explorer. The software is considered as a browser hijacker. Usually, it changes homepage. Thus, the pest will try to force you to utilize Under-Cover.info for search data. But you should be aware it will display commercial links instead relevant information. It may lead you to unsafe web sites. We recommend you to get rid of the hijacker immediately.
So, Under-Cover.info is able to replace default search engine settings. Note, the nasty app will add some extensions without your permission. It will display various advertisements. You should not blindly click on such ads! In fact, it is not a good offers. They will redirect you to sponsored web sites. Generally, they are ot trustworthy and they may inclide viruses. If you want to keep your machine safe, you need to avoid such app as Under-Cover.info.
Also, we recommend you to stay away from pop up advertisements and spam e-mails. They are a dodgy tools to spread hijackers, adware, PUPs and other kinds of malware. You may install the virus via a free program as well. Therefore, you need to read the EULAs and deselect additional apps (such as Under-Cover.info hijacker).
How to remove Under-Cover.info hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Under-Cover.info hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Under-Cover.info” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Under-Cover.info hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Under-Cover.info virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!