System Progressive Protection is a well-spread and stubborn scam in the cyber world today. It attacks computers in various corners of the globe, being surely an international malware. This program is a fake anti-virus program that displays a lot of fake alerts, warnings and notifications about viruses in order to scare users. The scam first runs many fake scans of your computer, and after they’re over the virus displays the above-mentioned alerts. System Progressive Protection blocks running of legitimate programs, including available security software and all your browsers. This is why when you try to go to the Internet to download certain security tool to remove this scam, the virus will display the scary alert that will state: “The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer”. Surely, this is not so. The very presence of System Progressive Protection virus may really harm your computer, and the sooner you get rid of it the better for your system.
Here is the quotation from this scary notification:
Warning! The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer.
Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate System Progressive Protection and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended).
If your system is infected with System Progressive Protection malware you should ignore all its fake and scary security statements, alerts, notifications and reports, including the one that says: “The site you are trying to visit may harm your computer”. You might wonder why the hoax gives such a message. Well, it is afraid that you will find the right tool that will delete it. In this case the mission of the rogue will not be completed. The plan of the hoax is to make you purchase its registration key (license), but surely this is a total waste of your funds. Hopefully, you will never make such a serious mistake. In order to get rid of System Progressive Protection virus you may follow our detailed and simple removal instructions that we’ve prepared below.
System Progressive Protection virus removal guide:
- To prevent blockage of launching of legitimate security applications, Task Manager and other important applications by System Progressive Protection, please restart your PC into Safe Mode with Networking. For this purpose keep hitting “F8″ button repeatedly before Windows starts booting. If “F8″ doesn’t work, try using “F5″ in the same manner. Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
- Log in as the user whose account got infected with System Progressive Protection virus.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer through the official web-site http://trojan-killer.net or via the direct download link http://trojan-killer.net/download.php
- Once the installer launches itself successfully, choose the preferred installer language:
- Trojan Killer Setup Wizard will guide you through the rest of the installation process.
- Make sure you read the license agreement carefully.
- Choose the destination path for installation of Trojan Killer.
- The installation process will begin.
- Once you click “Finish” Trojan Killer will be started.
- During the scan several registry entries and files will be detected as the ones associated with System Progressive Protection scam:
- Once the scan is completed, make sure you click “Remove selected” to delete all infected items.
- Make sure to reboot your PC and repeat the scan in the case of necessity.
System Progressive Protection removal video:
System Progressive Protection virus manual removal procedure:
System Progressive Protection files to be removed:
%Desktopdir%System Progressive Protection.lnk
%Programs%System Progressive ProtectionSystem Progressive Protection.lnk
System Progressive Protection virus registry entries to be removed:
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallSystem Progressive Protection
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallSystem Progressive ProtectionDisplayIcon %AppData%[random][random].exe,0
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallSystem Progressive ProtectionDisplayName System Progressive Protection
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallSystem Progressive ProtectionShortcutPath “%AppData%[random][random].exe” -u
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallSystem Progressive ProtectionUninstallString “%AppData%[random][random].exe” -u