The warning that supposedly comes from SACEM and says “Ordinateur est verrouillé” is a ransomware program developed by hackers. It blocks the desktops of French computers and primarily accuses users of downloading music files illegally. Obviously, this locker isn’t associated with SACEM agency of France. Here is what it says once the lockers blocks the screen:
Ordinateur est verrouillé
Pour effectuer le paiement, entrez le code Paysafecard reçu dans la case de paiement désigné, sélectionnez la valeur de votre code puis appuyez sur le bouton ou mettre».
As we’ve mentioned already, the locker accuses users of downloading music files illegally. It also asks users to pay the fine through indication of Paysafecard PIN code in the respective section of the ransomware locker. Yet, there’s no guarantee on the part of the crooks that the system will be unlocked. For this reason we strongly advise you to stay away from performing the instructions of these crooks.
In general, it is not that easy to get rid of the locked status of your computer infected with Sacem ransomware. So, as they say in French, comment déverrouiller votre ordinateur? The guidelines provided below give all the information you need for this purpose.
Screenshot of SACEM ransomware:
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.