Radiotabsearch.com website is a typical browser hijacker page, that pretends to be a legit searching service. This web page uses not very decent ways to be installed on your computer and after that changes some browser settings on its own. It is not advised to keep this kind of suspicious pages in your browser, you should remove it as soon as possible.
Cyber criminals are using hijackers for purposes of information collection, advertisements, hijacking and generating traffic. They are finding new ways to monetize them every day. But they need to install their fake search engines on as many computers as possible. For Radiotabsearch.com, there are few ways to be installed. The most common way of installation is called bundling. It means that one programs” installation is wrapped in the installation of another program.
The Radiotabsearch.com page breaks in and changes some of your browser settings, like a homepage and a default search provider. These options will be set on Radiotabsearch.com website, you will see it every time you open your browser or use a search from it. Besides that, hijackers can add parameters in your browser shortcuts. This will make your browser redirect all homepage to a particular page, that is specified in a parameter. We strongly advised you to get rid of the Radiotabsearch.com page and scan your computer for any other malicious activity. Follow the removal guide below to deal with this threat.
How to remove Radiotabsearch.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Radiotabsearch.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Radiotabsearch.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Radiotabsearch.com hijacker:
Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
The installation of our program was developed to be very fast. As a result, with only 1 click you will be able to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware and procced to the removal process in no time. This feature allows to save some time on already infected computers.
Scan your computer for infections:
Finaly, when the installation is over, open the program and perform a scan. During the first start of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, it will perform “Quick scan” automaticly, unless users canlces it manually. If it doesn’t – go to “Scan” tab – click “Quick scan” button.
Remove detected items:
When scanning process is complete, you will see a window with detected items that you need to remove. In this window you will see a “Apply to all” field, you need to choose “Move to quaratine” there. This will isolate all detected items and move them into quarantine folder. You will be able to restore files from there.
Change your browser settings:
Most hijackers are altering browser settings to make them open these pages at every start. GridinSoft Anti-Malware can change these options and remove hijackers like Radiotabsearch.com from all popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge). To remove hijacker from your browser – open “Tools” tab and press “Reset Browser Settings“.
You will see “Reset browser settings” window. It contains 3 columns. In the first column you need to choose your infected(!!) browser. In second column we advise you to choose “Start page“, “Search engines” and “Cache” options. You can also choose other settings to reset, but remember – you may completely remove all settings from your browser. If you don’t know what option to select – follow our advice.
Activate On-Run Protection:
In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can enable the feature, that will block any attempt to install viruses and malicious content on your computer. It is called “On-Run Protection”. To turn this function – go to “Protection” tab – click “Start” button at top left corner of the window.
Example of Reset Browser Settings feature:
Here is the video on how easy to remove hijackers with GridinSoft Anti-malware.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automaticaly, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer befor procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!