The Drivingtabsearch.com web page may look like a normal search engine for some users. But because of the installation methods and its malicious behavior, this page is considered as a browser hijacker. In this removal guide, you will see how to remove this page from your browser and prevent it from being infected again.
Usually, hijackers are wrapped in the installation of other programs. This method of installation is called bundling. Software spreaders are using this way for years now, its legal and effective even today. And it only because of the users, who are not paying attention to the installation of programs they download. Besides that, Drivingtabsearch.com hijacker is advertising as a legit service with viral ads and redirections.
The installation of Drivingtabsearch.com hijacker will be performed in silent mode, you won\”t notice anything. And after the installation, this page will be set as your home page and a default search engine in a browser. This behavior is usual for hijackers. But they are also capable of adding parameters in your browser shortcuts. It will make your browser perform actions, that are specified in a parameter, before the start. That is how it will redirect all page on Drivingtabsearch.com fake search engine.
Cybercriminals are creating malicious programs and phishing pages with only one purpose – to make money. They have different ways to monetize any traffic they get on their browser hijackers. Owners of these pages can collect information on its user and sell it to a third-party people, like companies who are interested in this data. That is why we advise you to remove Drivingtabsearch.com hijacker from your browser as soon as possible. Also, you should scan your computer for malware infections that might be installed along with it. Follow the removal instruction below to do that.
How to remove Drivingtabsearch.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Drivingtabsearch.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Drivingtabsearch.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Drivingtabsearch.com hijacker:
Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
The installation of our program was developed to be very fast. As a result, with only 1 click you will be able to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware and procced to the removal process in no time. This feature allows to save some time on already infected computers.
Finaly, when the installation is over, open the program and perform a scan. During the first start of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, it will perform “Quick scan” automaticly, unless users canlces it manually. If it doesn’t – go to “Scan” tab – click “Quick scan” button.
When scanning process is complete, you will see a window with detected items that you need to remove. In this window you will see a “Apply to all” field, you need to choose “Move to quaratine” there. This will isolate all detected items and move them into quarantine folder. You will be able to restore files from there.
Most hijackers are altering browser settings to make them open these pages at every start. GridinSoft Anti-Malware can change these options and remove hijackers like Drivingtabsearch.com from all popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge). To remove hijacker from your browser – open “Tools” tab and press “Reset Browser Settings“.
You will see “Reset browser settings” window. It contains 3 columns. In the first column you need to choose your infected(!!) browser. In second column we advise you to choose “Start page“, “Search engines” and “Cache” options. You can also choose other settings to reset, but remember – you may completely remove all settings from your browser. If you don’t know what option to select – follow our advice.
In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can enable the feature, that will block any attempt to install viruses and malicious content on your computer. It is called “On-Run Protection”. To turn this function – go to “Protection” tab – click “Start” button at top left corner of the window.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automaticaly, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer befor procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!